When this Terra’s Kitchen recipe bounced into my inbox, I just had to share! Many of my readers know I love healthy food, but this was a yummy recipe especially for kids. And BIG KIDS! 🙂
Who says popsicle’s are only for kids? Grown-ups can enjoy them too with this healthy Ginger-Cantaloupe Popsicle recipe! These cool treats will help you beat the heat during the summer months courtesy of Terras Kitchen!
Photo & Recipe Credit: Terra’s Kitchen
What you need:
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- Popsicle forms and popsicle sticks
What to do:
- In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and 1/2 cup water over medium heat. Cook just until the sugar has melted. Remove from heat and drop in ginger. Set aside until cooled. (Remove ginger when ready to use!)
- Slice cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Spoon cantaloupe flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add just enough of the cooled ginger syrup to sweeten as desired. Save the remaining syrup for another use.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. For a variation, push a few sliced strawberries down into the popsicle molds before freezing.
For more variations, visit Terra’s Kitchen at https://www.terraskitchen.com/